Making disciples of Christ since 1849.
Vision and Mission Statement
First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is a community of believers with no Creed but Christ. We welcome all people and embrace the diversity that exists in the people of God.
Through positive worship and fellowship experiences we celebrate our beliefs by encouraging all to cherish God’s love with both mind and heart.
- We seek those on a spiritual journey to develop a personal relationship with God. [Deuteronomy 6:5]
- We support those who believe in living the essential Christian principles of love, charity, compassion, justice, and humility. [Zechariah 7:8-10, Micah 6:8]
- We teach that worship is a lifestyle to be lived daily through study, prayer and action. [Acts 2:42]
- We believe that each Christian has the responsibility to serve our Creator by ministering to our local and global communities. [Matthew 25:34-40]
- We offer communion at the Lord’s Table as a central part of our worship each week, with all who seek God. [Mark 14:22-24] or [1 Corinthians 10:17]
The Vision Committee presented a provisional Vision and Mission Statement to the Administrative Board in October 2011. The board discussed and reviewed the statement and voted to accept it at the January 23, 2012 meeting. On January 29, 2012, the congregation unanimously voted to approve this vision and mission statement.